Kinilaw is a Filipino raw fish dish similar to ceviche. In this recipe we show a simple way of making this wonderful fresh dish. A perfect compliment to a day at the beach with a beer in hand.
1 Kilo Yellow Fin (Ahi) Tuna (cubed)
1 Cup Spiced Coconut Vingear (suka nga tuba)
1/3 cup Coconut Cream (Gata)
Kalamansi Juice from 2 pieces
1 Small Onion (sliced)
1 Tomato (chopped)
Thumb sized Ginger
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1. Add salt, kalamansi, onion tomato and ginger to tuna
2. Mix well
3. Add coconut milk and spiced vinegar. Mix well.
4. 'Cook' the tuna in the vinegar for at least 10 minutes or until the tuna starts becoming opaque.
5. Serve with beer and Enjoy
Chedz Culinary Club Presents How to Make Buttered Puto with Cheese
This is our version of this classic pinoy recipe. Perfect for snacks or for pairing with dinuguan.
Sunscribe to our
4 cups flour, sifted
2 cups sugar, sifted
2½ tbsp baking powder
1 cup evaporated milk
2½ cups water
⅛ teaspoon Pandan essence
½ cup butter, melted
1 piece egg, raw
Filipino Cheese Sliced (Eg. Eden) or Quick Melt Cheese
4 cups water (for steaming)
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients starting from the flour, sugar,and baking powder then mix well.
Add the butter, evaporated milk, egg, water and pandan essence (dissolve the pandan essence in water) then mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
2. Pour the mixture in individual molds
3. If you are using non - quick melt Filipino brand cheese, You may put the cheese on top of the mixture otherwise put the cheese on top after steaming (step 6)
Pour the water in the steamer.
4. Arrange the molds in the steamer then steam for about 20 minutes
5. If you are using quick melt cheese,remove the cover of the steamer and top each puto with quick melt cheese then continue steaming (with the cover on) for 2 to 5 minutes
5. Remove from the mold and arrange in a serving plate
6. Serve either hot or cold. Enjoy!
2 tbsp. Oil
4 cloves garlic
¼ cup chopped onions
2 cups (approx. ½K) skinless pork/ chicken/ beef, sliced
½ cup shrimps, shelled and deveined
1 shrimp cube
1 chicken cube
2 Tbsp. frozen green peas
6 cups water
3 Tbsp. cornstarch
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. sesame oil
1.Sauté onions and garlic in a large wok or skillet.
2.Add meat and then the chicken and shrimp cubes. Stir until cubes are completely dissolved and meat is partially cooked.
3.Add in shrimps. Stir until partially cooked.
4.Add 3 cups of the water. Simmer over medium heat, covered, for about 15-20 minutes or until pork is tender. This is the meat mixture.
5.Meanwhile, mix together the remaining 3 cups of water, cornstarch, soy sauce and sesame oil. This is the cornstarch mixture.
6.Pour cornstarch mixture into the meat mixture and bring to a boil.
7.Cook until sauce thickens.
8.Pour over cooked rice and serve hot.
Cebu Mango Float Recipe
4-5 Cebu Mangoes (Cubed)
2 Cans Nestle Cream 300ml
2 Cans Condensed Milk 300ml
Crushed Graham Crackers
1. Mix Nestle cream, condensed milk and mangoes in a large bowl
2. On a Pyrex container layer a generous amount of crushed graham crackers
3. Layer mango cream mixture
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 until filled to the brim of the container
5. Cover container with cling wrap
6. Freeze overnight
As seen on:
Prefix +6332 for calls outside of Cebu or from mobile phonesPrefix +6332 for calls outside of Cebu or from mobile phones