Dinoldog is the Filipino version of a squash soup. Made with coconut milk and dried fish to give it its distinctive savory taste.
1 Small Kalabasa (Squash) Cubed
1 cup Coconut Milk
1 Medium Sized Dried Fish
5 cloves Garlic (crushed)
1 Onion (Chopped)
1 teaspoon cooking oil
Rehydrate dried fish
Add oil to pan
Saute onions and garlic in medium heat
Shred dried fish
Add dried fish
Add coconut milk
Add water until covering kalabasa
Simmer until kalabasa is soft
Mash kalabasa into the soup
Serve with chicharon
Paksiw is a Filipino sour stew made out with pork or fish. This version uses Cebu lechon as its base and sans liver sauce (Bisaya Style).
1 kilo lechon head (chopped)
1 cup spiced coconut vinegar
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 clove garlic
2 red onions
2 teaspoons ground pepper corns
Place all ingredients in a large casserole.
Bring to a boil at medium-high heat.
Bring to a low heat
Simmer for 20 minutes
Serve hot with rice
Kinilaw is a Filipino raw fish dish similar to ceviche. In this recipe we show a simple way of making this wonderful fresh dish. A perfect compliment to a day at the beach with a beer in hand.
1 Kilo Yellow Fin (Ahi) Tuna (cubed)
1 Cup Spiced Coconut Vingear (suka nga tuba)
1/3 cup Coconut Cream (Gata)
Kalamansi Juice from 2 pieces
1 Small Onion (sliced)
1 Tomato (chopped)
Thumb sized Ginger
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1. Add salt, kalamansi, onion tomato and ginger to tuna
2. Mix well
3. Add coconut milk and spiced vinegar. Mix well.
4. 'Cook' the tuna in the vinegar for at least 10 minutes or until the tuna starts becoming opaque.
5. Serve with beer and Enjoy
Our version of Bistek, a simple Filipino beef braise with kalamansi and soy sauce.
Full recipe here:
3/4 Kilo Minute Beef Steak
1 Large Onion (cut into rings)
3 Cloves Garlic chopped
2 Tablespoons Kalamansi Juice
1/3 Cup Soy Sauce
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Marinate beef in soy sauce, kalamansi with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Heat pan with cooking oil and brown onions.
3. Remove onions from pan and set aside.
4. Fry beef on the pan until brown. Remove beef. Set Aside.
5. Remove excess liquid. Set aside
6. Sauté garlic
7. Add beef, the excess liquid and marinade. Simmer for 20-30 mins or until meat is tender
8. Add onions.
9. Serve while hot with white rice. Enjoy!
Chedz Culinary Club presents Ombré Rosette Cake Decoration. Send us a message to order
For more Chedz Culinary Club Videos:
Buy the equipment:
Piping bag - http://amzn.to/2liHpT5
Tips - http://amzn.to/2kFZbfM
Aluminum Bowls - http://amzn.to/2kLvIn4
Food Coloring - http://amzn.to/2liJHBx
Music by: https://soundcloud.com/lakeyinspired
As seen on:
Prefix +6332 for calls outside of Cebu or from mobile phonesPrefix +6332 for calls outside of Cebu or from mobile phones