Beef pares is a traditional Filipino street food dish that is becoming increasingly popular. It is a hearty stew made with beef with a distinct star anise flavor in a sweet and savory sauce. This dish is often served with rice or noodles, and it can be made by slow cooking in a pot or pressure cooker.
1 kilo Beef camto cut into chunks
2 cloves garlic crushed
1 medium size onion chopped
1 thumb sized ginger quartered
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cub brown sugar
2 pcs star anise
1 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp sesame oil
alt and pepper to Taste
1. Sauté onion and garlic in a large pot
2. Add in beef camto, and brown the meat
3. Add water covering the beef
4. Bring to a boil
5. Simmer and remove any scum that forms
6. Add in ginger and star anise
7. Add in soy sauce and sugar
8. Simmer until beef is tender
9. Add in cornstarch mixed with 1/2 cup of water
10. Add in sesame oil
Serve with garlic rice
Our customers are saying "Basta CHEDZ, Lami 'jud!"
We have been baking Cebu's tastiest and loveliest made-to-order cakes for over 30 years now!